The Goods in Hawaii

Monday, November 07, 2005

End of South Pacific

Well, here I am only after a few days. I just wanted to wrap up the South Pacific entries. We ended the show with a tearful afternoon. I was not planning on crying but the events led to it.

The show went well. People were hamming it up of course because it was the last time. All in all it was a lot of fun, but every show was a good amount of fun. After we did the normal cast call though the assistant director got a microphone and recognized all the "behind-the-scenes" people. They gave everyone leis and they gave me a bouquet of roses. That's when the tears started. When he called the director up, Mr. Bright proceeded to thank everyone then turned around and started talking about me in front of the whole audience! He then brought Daniel up to the stage and started talking about him. Of course I was crying more. They gave Daniel a lei as well and talked about him being the "real" military and how we all needed to keep him and his fellow military men in our prayers. Daniel had been helping sell t-shirts in the lobby so he had to be pulled in from the lobby. He was just as surprised as I was.

By the time the curtain actually came down everyone was on stage with lots of flowers. I have never been a part of a theatre that appreciated all the work it took to put the show on as this theatre did. The orchestra and even the spotlighters were brought out and thanked. It was so encouraging and really great to be a part of.

I am thankful it is over(it was along run), but it was the best thing I could have done to meet wonderful people and sing at the same time. I met so many local actors, musicians, and just super talented people. I look forward to doing another show and hopefully with some of the same people.

These are just a few pics from backstage. You can see Daniel in the center picture. He is in the very back in the green polo. Thats my man!

After the show there was a lot of cleaning up to do. We cleaned backstage, started taking apart sets, put costumes away and organized the food everyone brought for the potluck. (We brought Pinkies. They are a hit with the entire cast and I brought them a few weeks into the performances and everyone wanted them again.) The last cast party was bittersweet. I know I won't see some of the people I spent so much time for a while, but I going to make an effort to see most of them. We already have some things planned for later in November.

I just had to show this metal vintage poster I found for Daniel. It is so fitting because the mountain in the background is Diamond Head, here on Oahu. It looks like the lady is on Waikiki beach. I just loved it and it looks good in our computer room with his Marine stuff.

Well, I am going to head out and run a few errands. We are running low on milk and that just can't happen in this household. We drink too much milk! ;)

Love Ya'll!

1 Comments:

  • At 11/08/2005 01:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful finale! I would love to meet the Brights when we come to Hawaii. Do you think they would have time? They sound like wonderful people.

    So Dan'l was hawking t-shirts? I'll bet they sold a bunch after that intro. Well, he had his stage time as well.

    The pictures are great and I am so glad that you met so many wonderful people. You had some life memories from that show.

    I love, love, love the poster. It is so cute. I'll bet Daniel likes it too. XX00

     

Post a Comment

<< Home