The Goods in Hawaii

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Already a wonderful visit!

Here we are on the second full day and it has already been a wonderful visit. Lauren and Kris arrived on Thursday afternoon and even after their long flight they had a lot of energy. It was short lived though. They both were dragging after dinner. They had woken up at 4 am to leave their house to make it to the airport on time. It had been a long day for them. They are slowly acclimating to the time change. We took Thursday night easy. We just walked to the beach and watched the giant waves rolling in the dark. We hit the sack shortly after the walk.

Friday morning started with Alex, a childhood friend of Kris', coming over and spending the day with us. Alex is on his way to Guam. He is a Navy pilot and we were all excited to see him. He went to high school with Lauren and I so we knew him as well. We ended up going to the local botanical gardens and walking around for a couple hours. It was really beautiful and a great morning to be out and about. After lunch, Kris and Alex went surfing while Lauren and I did grocery shopping for the week. Kris seemed to enjoy surfing, but he doesn't think he'll go again. The waves are getting a little too rough this time of year for beginners. I am not even thinking about tackling them. I like to watch though.

We came back home relaxed for a while and I had to get ready to go to the Friday performance of South Pacific. Unfortunately I did not get to go to Waikiki with them. Alex took them to a restaurant downtown and showed them around a little. I was very thankful he was able to take them around since I wasn't going to be able to spend the evening with them. They had a great time at Duke's, a casual beach-side hang-out.

Alex stayed the night and just left this morning. L&K and I are planning on some exploring today. I want them to see more of the island so I have to get off this computer and go. Just wanted to make a quick entry. I will post pictures next time.

Hope you are all well!

1 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2005 03:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HELLO NURSE!!!!!!!Know that you are enjoying L&K and looking forward to Tuesday evening.
    I'm sure that you were happy just knowing that they were in the audience! Wish I could have seen you, Li'l Nellie Girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home