The Goods in Hawaii

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Opening Weekend

Well, this weekend has been very eventful. I am thankful it is over. Now that we have started the musical and gotten some of the bugs out with the sound the run should go smoothly.

I was delighted to have Amaya and her friend come on Friday evening to the musical. I have a wonderful picture she took that night. Unfortunately she wasn't feeling so good that evening. They had spent most of the day in the sun, but the picture still came out wonderful.
I am still in my nurse costume that I wear as the end of the musical, and several dear people gave me leis, including Amaya. They smell so amazing. You never want to take them off.

As I alluded to, we had problems with the microphones the first two performances. It was never anything terrible just a few scratches and light pops. Today for the matinee it was perfect. The audience was receptive to everything, the humor and the tears. At one point in the musical when the audience just finds out a character dies, there were audible sighs and gasps. I love it when people really get into the show they are watching. I always do, so it is nice to put on a show good enough to get lost in.

My favorite thing about the weekend was my husband's way of saying "break a leg". When I got into the dressing room for the opening night, these were waiting for me. I was so happy I started crying in front of the girls in the dressing room. Of course it was a big girly time. There were plenty of AWWWWs and "that is soo sweet". So I called him up right then and had all the girls yell Mahalo on the phone. The card said "break a leg" to the entire cast. Daniel has a nice voicemail waiting for him. :) Thank you husband!

A highlight of today was seeing Diane B.(no last names here...) at the show. (For all my MD fam and friends, Diane is Daniels cousin.) She came with a friend that lives on the island, and she is only staying for a week. I was so happy and flattered that she decided to come to the show. It was a joy to chat with her for a while after the show. I feel so stupid for not getting a picture. I hope she calls me up this week to just say hello or meet up sometime. I would love it!

Well, I am going to read a little then go to bed. It has been a long day. I went to the early service at church today. I am so happy I did. The pastor was on fire today. Every word he spoke was so full of truth and love. I was very encouraged by the message and the entire worship time. I am truly blessed in this church...

Much Love!

1 Comments:

  • At 10/10/2005 12:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely photos! I hope that you get to see Daniel's cousin again.

    So glad that the performances went so well. I have been watching for reviews. You look nice in the uniform.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home