The Goods in Hawaii

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Back online

Hello dear family and friends!

We are back online and I am happier than ever. I was missing the ability to read my news online, email, and of course, update the blog.

Daniel is gone now and I am trying to keep busy. This week has been a successful one. I have stayed busy with rehearsals, KV activities and spending time with other wives. I have already been blessed by knowing these ladies and I am just getting to know them. I hope the next few weeks I can stay just as busy to not meditate on Daniel being gone.

It is incredible that we spent so much time apart before we were married. I am in awe of how things change after marriage. Granted we have only been married for a little over 3 months now, but I miss him more than before when I didn't see him for a year. I do understand the reasons why it just still amazes me how a person can start to fully depend and be so focused on one person in such a short time. It is a good thing to learn about this early. I consider this month and a half of us being apart practice for when he gets deployed. I am using the time to find ways to keep myself busy during that time as well.

Enough about him being gone. I can't dwell on it...

We are in the house on base and I am loving it more and more everyday. My hibiscus started blooming yesterday. I was so happy. When the last family moved out the housing maintenance people on base cut the bushes back so far that I was worried it would take months to see another bloom. Hawaiian weather proved me wrong. They are a pretty sturdy plant out here.

I plan to post some pictures of the house but I am heading out the door to meet a friend for brunch. Her husband is gone as well right now so we are keeping each other company... It is a wonderful thing to have that community so quickly.

I will post a recent picture of Daniel surfing. Like many other athletic things he picked this up quickly. He caught this wave and rode it for along time. I am so proud...My surfer boy!

Thank you to everyone who called to check up on me. I appreciate your thoughts.

Much Love!

1 Comments:

  • At 9/16/2005 12:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you are keeping busy while Daniel is gone. We are happy you have some new lady friends and a new house and yard to keep you busy. We liked the picture of Daniel surfing. I think he would really like that sport. Stay safe!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home