The Goods in Hawaii

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday Evenin

Household items are here and I am not posting pictures yet because it is taking me longer than I realized it would to get the house in picture condition. Thankfully, the day of the delivery we got all of the boxes out of the apartment. We are still working on the stacks of things right now. The largest pile seems to be of our photo albums and pictures without homes yet. We have several frames to make the homes but not enough space to put pictures on flat surfaces...ah well

We have all of our furniture in the places we want it to be and I am so grateful for the wonderful lamps, furniture and all other household goodies we acquired at the wedding and after. Thank you family and friends for your gracious gifts!

The first day of unpacking it took me hours to get the kitchen in order and I enjoyed every moment of it. I loved washing all the mixing bowls, strainers, pans, and gadgets. I am so thankful for those items as well. I later moved to the bedroom where I had stacks of clothing to hang in the closet and put away in our dressers. Things are coming together and our home apartment is becoming a home. We are both very happy about it...

Daniel is on duty tonight so I have been reading my latest novel for the past few hours to make the time go by quickly. I am not fond of the evenings without him. I do know it is all part of the job though. It is unfortunate that he is on duty tonight though because he is covering for a guy that gave no good reason for needing coverage and he did not promise to take one of Daniel's duty shifts... So this makes me a little frustrated...I need to handle these kinds of things better. I am still new to it though. It will take time.

Having the car has been nice though. I have enjoyed being able to get away from the apartment especially since they have been doing work on the pavement right outside our window for the past 3 weeks and the pounding and shaking was driving me a little bonkers. It makes the whole apartment shake and a trip to the exchange or commissary sounds like a wonderful way to escape the headache...

This may sound like a negative entry...sorry. I am not an unhappy person, just wishing Daniel was here tonight. I am obviously not ready for him to be away on deployment yet and I thank the Lord every day we are able to have this time together before he does have to leave.

I am getting ready for Katy's visit this next Thursday. I can't believe it is in a week! The one room we have ready is the guest room. We even bought a beautiful new quilt and sheets for the bed. Daniel and I hung up some pictures and important things(diploma from USNA, deployment plaques and other goodies) on the wall the other night making it feel even more homey. We are both excited about her visit.

Ah yes...We are both licensed to...boat! Last Saturday we dragged ourselves out of bed at the crack-of-dawn to the marina on base and much to our surprise we both got our multi-passenger boat license AND speed-boat license. We can basically take people water-skiing and out to the amazing sandbar in the Kaneohe Bay. It was a beautiful morning for the class and we had a native instructor for one of the classes that shared all kinds of neat facts about the island and the bay. It was great just hearing his stories.

Well I am hooked on this book and I am going to get back to it. I will post pics of the apartment later but for now I leave you with one of my favorite plants here... the beautiful bouganvilla.

We were driving by this house the other day and I just had to stop and take a quick picture. The plant was just overflowing with blossoms and it needed to have a picture of it taken. The neat thing about the blossoms is they are paper thin. They blow in the wind like tissue paper floating on the breeze.

Love ya'll!

2 Comments:

  • At 8/04/2005 03:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello dear. Know that you are excited about Katy's arrival and Daniel's shooting status. Let us know how he finishes this week. The bouganvilla(sp) is lovely. Ours has not bloomed yet but seems to be getting ready.

    I love you!XXOO

     
  • At 8/05/2005 04:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything sounds great! Post Pictures! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home