The Goods in Hawaii

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wednesday Morning

This morning was a perfect morning to take a few pictures of the beautiful hibiscus out in the driveway of our apartment complex so I will attach some of these at the end of the entry.

Daniel and I did not end up getting our boat license on Sunday morning. We arrived on time and found out there were 4 spots left and there were 7 people with us. We figured that the people with guests coming in the next few weeks should get their license first due to them wanting to take the guests out on the boats. This turned out to be such a blessing rather than a let down because Daniel and I were able to make it to church on time and the church we visited was wonderful.

We visited a Baptist church in Kailua, a neighboring town, that had such a nice variety of people in it. They were all so friendly. The preaching was wonderful, yet we found out that at the end of the service they were voting in a new senior pastor for full time service and the person we heard preach was just speaking as a guest. Thankfully, they all seemed to appreciate his style, so hopefully the new preacher has a same Bible-based style. We left feeling quite glad the boat was full and that we were able to worship in that particular church that day. We will probably visit again sometime soon...

Car news...We are going to be getting the car this next week when the owner is back in town. His wife wants him to sign the title and be the person to exchange the money with rather than herself. It is okay, Daniel and I can be patient. I am looking forward to the freedom of two cars though. It has been nice to be near home for these past few weeks, but there are some museums in Honolulu I want to visit that Daniel has no desire to go to and some beaches that are calling out my name... I am looking forward to heading to the grocery store when we need it and not when we can switch the car off... We are really blessed to be able to get two cars....

Voice news...I am going to contact the voice teacher later next week. I do not want to sign up for a listen-in to one of her lessons or have my own with her yet, because none of my music books are here. I will feel more comfortable when I can practice a little before I meet with her. I have been singing along with all of my opera CD's lately but that is not good enough...

I did sign up for opera chorus auditions with the Hawaii Opera Theatre in September. I am needing to get my repetoire back up to speed for that audition, so I am thankful to have that to work towards.

We are scheduled to have the furniture we are currently borrowing from base to be picked up next Tuesday. The movers that have our belongings say that is should be here next week sometime. Hopefully we don't have to live without a table, dressers, and lamps for too long. I am so excited about finally having our own furniture and all my clothing. I am tired of wearing the same thing...c'est la vie.

Well, thank you all for the nice, funny, and kind comments you have left on our blog. We have loved hearing them all.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/21/2005 01:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lots of "good" news. Thanks for keeping us up on things.

    The red hibiscus looks like ours. Oh...Beautiful.

     
  • At 7/25/2005 08:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maryn!

    I'm happy you've set up a blog! Its a great way to keep up on things. Katrina is also going through the audition process with a couple orchestras... sure is different after the "safety" of school ensembles!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home