The Goods in Hawaii

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Well, it is Saturday evening and Daniel and I spent the night in with pizza and a movie. The end of the week it is always nice to wind down a little.
We made a trip to the beach earlier today. There are 3 beaches on base and we visited one today. The other day we checked one out but did not get in the water. Today we came prepared. Daniel had his snorkeling equipment and I was ready for a nice nap on the sand, with lots of sunscreen on, of course. The beach was very nice but very rocky. The waves were really big too, so it would sweep you up and if you were not careful run your feet across some unexpected rocks. My little toe on my left foot found some of those rocks today and it is recovering with a little swelling. Ahh well. Daniel only snorkeled a little while. We sat out in the sand for a bit but didn't stay long. The day was overcast so it was threatening to rain while we were there. We de-sanded, which with Daniel and his high extreme dislike of sand in the car, takes 15-20 minutes. I quickly got clean and laughed while Daniel had to get every single bit of sand off of himself.
We got back and ordered pizza. I had made a promise to myself to not do that this early after the honeymoon because Daniel and I were trying to lose the honeymoon pounds we gained, but we gave in tonight. My justification was the ridiculous jog we took uphill for most of the way the other night. It was a perfect night for a jog, but my legs ached afterward. I feel we earned the pizza, besides we had coupons left from Bayfest... :)
Last night we went to dinner and over to a couple's house for some Trivial Pursuit time. It was a lot of fun. They have a sweet little baby girl and they are a really fun couple. We ended up playing until around 12:30am and I ended up driving home. I was quite proud of myself for finding the way back. Daniel was dozing off so I did most of it myself. The couple lived on the other side of the island near Waikiki so it was a good distance. I am thankful to be getting comfortable with the island. I look at maps of the island every time we get in the car. Good to have the visual learning device...
Tomorrow we visit another church. The process is exciting yet challenging. Daniel and I know that once we find a place we feel we belong we will feel more at home here. I know I am personally floating now without the church body that I am accustomed to. I am missing the people in the Life that have been my foundation of church for the past few years. I do know that God will bless us with a family of believers to grow with though. He has promised that to his church. We will wait and continue visiting and praying. We are enjoying our time as a couple growing together in the Word. It is a great thing!
Bless Ya'll!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home