The Goods in Hawaii

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Karaoke Fun

Hello loved ones. I have been so happy to see that so many more people are reading this blog to keep up to date with Daniel and I here. Please email us as well to let us know how you are doing or leave comments on the blog to let us know what you think. danielgood@2002.usna.com or goodd002@hawaii.rr.com

Thank you so much for the wonderful cards and gifts everyone. I have been so blessed by ya'lls sweet words and thoughtful cards. Thank You and Mahalo, which means than you in Hawaiian.

Well it is relaxing Saturday afternoon and Daniel and I woke up early to go look at a car and test drive it. We called the owners about this Acura Legend that was in the car lot on base and set up this morning as the time. It ended up driving very nice and we called the husband, who is the owner, (we met with the wife this morning), to chat about the price. It is going to be nice to have a second car so that Daniel and I can both go where we need to go. I was surprised Daniel was looking at the cars so soon. I think he was understanding my need to get out and around a little more. I was asking if I could drop him off at work maybe a few too many times and he decided it was time. I am so thankful we could even think about this as an option...
Well, we are still waiting for a call back from the owner. He is currently out of town. I will keep you all posted on the news...

The title of this entry is based on the good times Daniel and I had last night. We had heard that there was karaoke in the Hale Koa hotel lounge down in Waikiki. Hale Koa is a hotel/resort for militray peoples or family of military peoples. It is very beautiful and we walked around for a bit before we went in. It was so neat because the entire first floor is open and outdoor. The lobby and front desk and all the little lounges and such are open to the fresh air. It had these amazing trees in the lobby all decorated with lights and palm trees up to the 8th story it seemed. It was very charming.

Once we found theWarrior Lounge, where the karaoke took place, we decided to stay. The environment was not too loud or "shady". We decided to take a look at the book of song selections and after over an hour of trying to decide and talk myself into singing I went up there with a Josh Groban song, You Raise me Up. There were so many to choose from and I was overwhelmed and nervous. It was my first time karaokeing so I decided to play it safe.

Daniel on the other hand was a pro. He went to karaoke with friends in Japan all the time. I just loved seeing him get up there and singing away. His first song was Travelin' Man and that gave everyone a kick because he was so obviously a military man. (The song is about a sailor who has a sweet lady in every port he visits.) It was odd that Daniel has been to half the ports it mentions in the song...hmmm...that's interesting.

We basically we had a really nice time and as the evening grew late, we made more friends. We had so many people come visit our table. Daniel and I decided we looked like friendly people to chat with. This one man came to our table after we sang and immediatly struck up a conversation about the song I sang. He wondered if I knew any other Josh Groban and wanted to sing one with me. I was flattered and too nervous to say yes. He was the cutest older Phillipino man, very funny and sweet. We told him we would come back for another visit. The best thing is he studies voice with a private teacher and he gave me her number and told me a little about her.

My family will be happy to know that I am going to start up voice lessons soon. That is another advantage of having two cars. The lessons would most likely be in Honolulu. This voice teacher he mentioned is on the voice staff of the Hawaii Opera Theatre. That made me very excited. I have been missing my lessons, and haven't formally "warmed-up" in quite some time...anyways.
The night was very "successful" as Daniel called it. He thinks our times out in Hawaii so far have been excellent in putting us in touch with the right people and making good connections. I must agree. We have been fortunate to meet some very wonderful people.

Some of those people are going to be spending tomorrow morning with us. A few couples from the Fourth of July Barbecue we were at are getting together tomorrow morning early to get our boating licenses. On base you can get the license and rent a boat for very cheap so why not take advantage while we are here?! We decided we were on-board..haha...with the plan and are going out bright and early tomorrow. I am very excited. I have always wanted to be able to drive a boat and tomorrow I get my chance to learn. Exciting Stuff!

Well, we are going to go out shopping. Daniel is in dire need of some new pants, and I like the idea of me actually being with him when he shops now. Not that he does a bad job... :) just that I have wanted to be with him for so long now it is fun to be out doing the ordinary as well. We are also in search of a twin mattress for the extra bedroom. I have a friend coming out to stay with us in August so we want to make her comfortable. We hope the actual furniture containing the bed she will sleep on will get here by then as well. I am so excited about her visit.

Momma get better soon and Sudu I am glad you are home for the time being..

Well love to everyone and thank you for putting up with these long blog entires...

4 Comments:

  • At 7/17/2005 03:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad that you and Daniel are having "good" times. Sounds like fun. Maybe when we visit, we can go kareokeing (sp). I am dying to see Daniel. I am so glad that you are getting involved with voice again. Can't let that voice get out of shape. I love you both.
    Momma

     
  • At 7/17/2005 12:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha...karaoke it up!
    they had karaoke at camp this past week, and it was like American Idol auditions, and I don't mean the good auditions. Anyway, I would really like to do it, but I feel like I would be too serious and it would get boring for everyone so quickly...blehhh..
    Glad you had fun...A NEW CAR? what! hmmm..no comment, but I did get two new excellent cds, and I will burn you a copy of them.. behave!

     
  • At 7/19/2005 01:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a couple days late in reading, but your time really in HI really sounds nice. I'm really glad that you're having some luck tracking down voice teachers. Hopefully she'll have a slot open for another student. I definitely agree with that that it's the little things you appreciate the most. Lauren and I go on dates to the grocery all the time. Basically, most of the simple places we go together are dates if you let them be. Can't wait to see you guys!

     
  • At 7/19/2005 04:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What exciting news about meeting that man at kareoke place, and now a link to voice lessons with such a lady as you described. WOW! God is so good.
    Glad you all are having such fun and we would love to hear Daniel sing "Just Once".
    Hugs to you both,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home