The Goods in Hawaii

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tuesday Morning

It is a beautiful day and there is a man vacuuming the cement in front of the apartment. Hmmm...Good times. Well, when is it not a beautiful day here. I have been thankful for the rain we have been getting lately, and we have been getting downpours. Some of the grass on base was getting quite brown. Amazingly enough it was getting a little dry in paradise.
This morning was quite pleasant. Thank you everyone for making this a special day already. It is only 10:15am and I have already been spoiled to death the past two days with special mail and gifts. Love to all!
Sunday we visited another church on our list and we are still in prayer over where we need to be. It was quite an enterprise they had running there. We felt very welcome though. They had the first-timers raise their hands and they came and gave us leis. They are always beautiful to wear. It surprised me because the church is so large. It says it has about 1600 members. It has 6 services weekly to accommodate every person. It was nice though to see that they were not forgetting the visitors.
We ran into one of Daniel's friends during church and afterward invited him over for lunch. I always get so excited to have guests. I was attempting a new recipe that day too so he was brave. Thankfully it turned out pretty good and we enjoyed chatting for awhile after lunch and then some nice Sunday afternoon relaxing.
We finished watching Finding Nemo and started watching South Pacific. Currently I am trying to get Daniel to see all the movies I think of while we are here in Hawaii. Any movies relating to fish, islands, and volcanoes pertain. HA! The library has a limited amount, yet a very current selection. So far I have been pulling the movies from there. I may have to break down and go to Blockbuster or something. :)
We have enjoyed not having a TV though. (We watch the movie on Daniel's computer.) It has allowed us to focus on other aspects of life. I am currently reading through Sense and Sensibility and Daniel is catching up on some reading from his logistics training in NC. He likes to review everything he has learned to stay knowledgeable. Wise thing to do...
I am currently listening to this wonderful CD Daniel got for me today. He took a risk and got a CD that looked like one I would like. Good thing he knows me. It is a CD by Carla Bruni. It is all in French, as she is a French song-writer. It is her playing the guitar and singing. It is already a favorite one. I have listened to it once through already and it is working on its second cycle. Very relaxing and perfect background music for updating the blog.
Well, I hope everyone is well. And thank you again for making this day so special. I love you all!

4 Comments:

  • At 7/12/2005 11:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Maryn,
    We wanted to tell you Happy Birthday and I hope you are having a good day and year. It is so nice to read about your days in Hawaii. Thanks for letting us share in your blog. Your card will be a little late from us. Tell Daniel Hello from us and we love you guys. I will make him a little homesick. We had sweet corn for lunch today.
    Love, Aunt Deb and Uncle Gary

     
  • At 7/13/2005 01:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm envious that you're getting rain out there! Our garden and lawn could use more water than the watering I've been giving it. Glad everything else is well! Hope to talk to ya'll soon!

     
  • At 7/15/2005 02:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maryn and Daniel,

    We are so glad to be able to share in your blog. What a wonderful way to keep up with your news and feel more in touch. Happy Birthday. We need rain here but are pressing on. We will be praying for you as you decide on a church and how to minister there. Your are always in our prayers.

    Love, Uncle Larry and Aunt Phyllis

     
  • At 7/16/2005 04:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sweet Pea,
    What a great way to hear about things in Hawaii through this blog. It seems that once the Ferguson girls are married, the trend of knitting, blogging, and learning how to cook wonderfully takes course. I sure hope the same pattern occurs for me!
    It is truly wonderful to hear how things are, and I miss having you hear to hug. You are a special woman, and I can see how obvious it is that God wants you there. We love you two so much. Have a fantastic birthday, baby!

    hmm...I really need to start up one of these blogs before I go to school....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home