The Goods in Hawaii

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Woohoo for Car and Household Goods!


We finally got the car. We met with the owner on Tuesday evening and made the trade. I was quite happy. Daniel even let me drive it home. What a generous thing to do with a new car... I was thrilled to drive it. It handles very well and is a lot of fun to drive. I am so glad we finally got it. Here is Daniel after work yesterday with the new car. Doesn't he look good...I mean the car look good? :) Of course he does too.

That news is big enough for one week, yet the biggest news is:
OUR HOUSELHOLD GOODS SHIPMENT IS COMING TOMORROW MORNING!

I am so excited about our stuff getting here. I have started even dreaming of the things we have coming. I know I am being very material, but I have been looking forward to tomorrow for a long time now. I will have a complete kitchen as well as the rest of my clothing, my books, and my other personal items I couldn't fit in two suitcases. I am stoked!

A wonderful package came in the mail today. I was quite excited to open the box from my sister with gifts in it. She made Daniel and I an amazing afghan. She also made me a wonderful sarong, which I will not put a picture of me modeling it on the blog. Trust me it is great though. Now I just have to try to look good in it...

Here is the afghan on display and being used by its new owners. We love it Lolly! Thank you for all the work put into making it for us. It goes with everything in our house so far...the couch and bed! :)


It is a relaxing evening here. We finished dinner and Daniel is preparing for work tomorrow. He is on the range all next week for his annual rifle and pistol qualification. I know he is looking forward to it. He is an "expert" marksman for both rifle and pistol, which is the best. I think he enjoys the week of different activity especially the shooting guns part... :)

It means a week of waking up at 4am to get to a range 45 minutes away on time. Ah well. I am glad it is only a week. I enjoy the mornings where he has to be at work at 7am. We get to spend a little time together over breakfast before I don't see him the whole day.

Well everyone have a wonderful weekend. Daniel and I are planning on getting our boat licenses this weekend. We will see if we make it on time this weekend. I hope so...we will probably camp out at the marina until they open that morning to get a spot. We will also be having dinner at a couples house on Saturday. Yipee for friends in Hawaii!

Love Ya'll!

3 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2005 12:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The colors in the afghan look fatastic with the sofa and the models! That Lol is a wonderful little knitter! The car looks like a winner also! I almost couldn't see the guy in the camo's,...he blends so well.

    Wish I could help you two unpack. It'll kinda be like Christmas, since you haven't had these things for a while. It makes us appreciate the things that we take granted.

    I remember this very thing happening several times during some of our moves. You girls would find toys or "babies" that you decided that you could do without for awhile and all of a sudden they were by your side at all times for some time after that.
    How cute! You all would get sooo excited. Enjoy your little Christmas in July!

     
  • At 7/30/2005 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your new afghan looks great! Lauren did a nice job. I used to crochet some when we were first married. I like your leather sofa, too. It looks so inviting. The car looks nice, too. Wow, so many things happening for you both. Hope all your household things arrived in good shape. Have fun unpacking and placing things around. Thanks for sharing these pictures and what is going on over across the sea. ;-)

     
  • At 8/01/2005 08:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Soooo cute!!! You and Maryn are absolutely adorable!! Maryn I enjoy reading your writing and I cannot wait to meet you!!! Hopefully in November :) God bless you both!! Dan you are missed!

    Smiles,
    Mandy Lindhe <><

     

Post a Comment

<< Home