The Goods in Hawaii

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Eventful Week

Katy's visit has been wonderful. We were both just commenting on how slowly the time has been passing and we are both thankful for it. The island weather has been wonderful and we just got back from Katy jumping out of an airplane at 14000 ft. Yes, she is a crazy one and now I want to go and do it too. I wanted to go but I knew I would be terribly nervous in the small plane on the way up there. I think I am going to hold out for a time when Daniel and I can both go.

It was an hour and a half by the time we drove up and were driving away from the skydiving center. It went by very quickly. I got some great pics of Katy. Here she is strapped up and here she is in the air...

Yep, she is a brave one indeed. I can't believe I want to go now. She says it is an amazing feeling and she only had a few motion sickness problems once we got in the car. She is doing great now and it is just an hour and 20 minutes after she landed.

We have been keeping ourselves busy. Yesterday we hung out in the morning and hit a beautiful beach in the afternoon. It is on the top 5 beaches of Oahu and it is 10 minutes away from Daniel and my apartment.

Tomorrow we hit an awesome flea market and Pearl Harbor. A friend from my high school called me up as we were driving back from the skydiving place and she is on the island visiting a friend who just had knee surgery. Eva, the wonderful last-minute saber-barer for Daniel and my wedding, just graduated from USNA and is taking leave to visit her friend and Oahu. I am so excited about seeing her and spending the day with the ladies. It will be a great day! Oh I will take pics. :-)

I made the musical. I got the role of Ensign Nellie Forbush. Unfortunatly the rehearsals start tonight and are all this week while Katy is visiting. I figure if we pack our days full of activity she will be tired by the end of the day and just want to chill anyways. I have my first rehearsal tonight at 6:30. I am excited. It will keep me nice and busy while Daniel is away on an exercise during September and October.

Speaking of, it looks like my man is going to be deployed again in the beginning of the year. He is happy. He will be with most of the guys he went to Iraq with. He is glad to be able to go when he decides to go as opposed to be augmented without really having much decision. I am happy he is happy and I want to make the most out of the next few months. It looks like we are going to with my sister and her husband coming out in October and then Mom and Dad Good coming out in December. Woohoo house guests!

Here are a couple pics of our adventures so far. We have been busy, like I said. We hit the Dole Plantation on Friday, snorkeling in a volcano crater on Saturday and Sunday visiting a sandbar on boat in the Kaneohe Bay.

Dole Plantation from the train tour!

Daniel and Marc pulling the boat in further to the sandbar. We were in the middle of the bay and the water is so much fun to snorkel in.

We went with 3 couples and the boat was full. It was a great day and the evening cooled off when we were on the boat so it was really nice.

Well enough about the water.

I am going to make some lunch and rest for a bit. It was an early morning. Thanks for reading!

5 Comments:

  • At 8/16/2005 02:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maryn & Daniel,
    Congratulations on Nellie! I was in South Pacific in High School. My part was "Bloody Mary"! They said I was the tallest Tonkinese person they had ever seen! You will be great as Nellie! It sounds like you both are having a "Good" time exploring Hawaii. We saw the movie "The Great Raid" and saw Ike Skelton. I showed him the picture of Everett and Daniel that I always carry with me and told him how proud we are of you and your families. Behind every man, there is a "Good" woman, but in your cases this is truer than for everyone else's! Sarah is getting ready to go back to CMSU. She leaves Sunday and it will be not as much fun around here. I will have to play my LP of South Pacific and think of you. Have Fun!! Love, Aunt Mary Lippe

     
  • At 8/16/2005 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Skydiving???? Do you remember the small plane ride with Matt Swanson in Roswell?? If you do decide to do it, don't tell me. I don't want to know, you crazy girl! :-)

    So glad that Eva caught up with you. I'll bet Daniel is feeling overwhelmed with all the estrogen around him.

    I know Katie is havine a wonderful time and you are keeping her busy with Fun-omation! New term...

    I so wish I could see you, my little Nellie Forbush girl! You will be so good in that part. Daniel will get to see it before he leaves or after he gets back from training, won't he? Check and see if Lauren and Kris can video tape it for us, will you?

    Miss you and Dan'l and hugs to both of you. XXOO

     
  • At 8/17/2005 01:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Skydiving indeed! Sounds like a thrill, but I don't know if you'll be able to convince Lauren and I to jump out of an airplane when we come. But that volcano and general snorkeling sounds like a blast! I'm glad you're having a good time with Katy! We can't wait to see you in South Pacific! Congrats!

     
  • At 8/18/2005 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maryn,
    We are so proud of you getting the main part of Nellie in South Pacific. You will be great!!!
    I want to see a video of it, too. Maybe they will make one we could buy. I just rented South Pacific from Blockbuster today to see the whole story line again. I will be thinking of you.

    Way to go Katy on bravery. It is not my cup of tea, though. I know you all are having a really good time and we are so looking forward to our visit.
    Love, Mom G.

     
  • At 8/27/2005 01:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so I'm getting awefully jealous of you guys showing off your stuff in Hawaii. :-)

    Actually, I've been looking at ticket costs and it looks like a round-trip ticket (bought with 14-day advance notice) is about $600! Woohoo!

    just racking up the vacation days...

    (Oh, by the way, you can look at the pictures I took at your wedding here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home