The Goods in Hawaii

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Our house is becoming a home...

Hello dear friends and family. I have not written in a while. I do apologize for not getting back about Daniel's week on the range.

His rifle qualifications did not go as well as he would have liked. He ended up getting marksmen. It was a terribly windy day and he had little sleep. I think I put too much sunscreen on his head too, he said it was dripping in his eyes. Of course he won't complain about all these factors but I know it made it a lot more difficult in the long-run. I am still proud of him. He shot well all week long and had a rough day on the qual day for rifle only...

Here are some pics of the apartment. It is still cluttery and I did not take pics of everything. We are still organizing the odds and ends and we need one more bookcase because with Daniel's and I load of books, two is not enogh. Here is our room from the hallway. Yes it looks cluttered...I said that already. We are so thankful for the ability to sit and chat in these little chairs. I like the way the couch separates the room so we can have the comp and tv on one side and the table and chairs on the other.

Here is the other angle from the window. It makes the room feel bigger I think to have the separation with the little walk way...anyways. We thought we would add some Hawaiian flavor with the pineapple and coconut tree pillows. Couldn't help ourselves. We are still in the process of finding where to hang some of our bigger things for the wall. We plan on having a place on the wall for some wedding pics once we get them back. I am still organizing the other photos.

Here is a quick pic of our guest bathroom. We are so thankful to have two bathrooms as well. It makes it even easier to have people stay with us. *Hint Hint* We like the sunny yellow in there especially with the sun coming in the window behind the tub...


These two pics are of our bedroom. We are still looking for some shams we like and the dresser tops are cluttered with my make-up and jewelry. I meant to clean it up for the pics but didn't... The big window lets in a lot of good reading light. It has been nice since I have read about 10 books since we got here.

The last picture is of the bed in the guest room. That right now is the only thing picture presentable. Basically the rest is books Daniel doesn't want to get rid of from college :) and lot of typical desk organization stuff. You will just have to come and visit for the full image.

We found this cool comforter at Macy's on sale. Yes, I love that store! It is pretty much the only department store on the island. Anyways it has details like a lot of Azeri and Iranian fabrics I saw in Azerbaijan. Now Katy is going to be sleeping in it tomorrow night...We will see what she thinks of it since she just got back from Azerbaijan. I am so stoked about her visit!

Everything around here has been going well. We are still waiting and figuring out what Daniel is going to be doing within the next year, whether he will be deployed again soon or what. Patience is a huge lesson for us both. Daniel already has it...I am working on it.

Last night I auditioned for a local community theatre's production of South Pacific. The audition went well. The only problem I had really was the dance steps...I kept trying to make them more complicated and in doing so I was tripping over my own feet. I think by the time I had to do it the for the director I had it down. I could laugh at myself the whole time though. It was a lot of fun. I haven't done a musical since high school. It was funny. Lots of memories come flooding back when you have to sing, read and dance for a group of strangers. It was nice though because Daniel wanted to come to the whole audition porcess. The good guy he is, I was able to sing to him and laugh at his goofy faces and gestures whenever I messed up. He kept doing this guy from the movie Napolean Dynamite. It made me laugh so hard on stage...

Anyways they asked me to stay after and sing a couple of lines from a song in the musical so it is looking hopeful I may get a part. It would be nice to do this show because the play starts when Daniel is gone for some training in California. That way I won't be dwelling so much on his absence. I will be staying busy. I will find out either late tonight or tomorrow morning if I got the part. Oh yeah, I was trying out for Nellie, the lead nurse.

Well, I am going to run some errands. My good friend from high school is getting married this Saturday and I need to get busy. It is really strange when people around you get married. Now I know what all my college buddies felt like when I was going through the planning and wedding. It is the time of your life you always dream about up until the day the marriage starts. Not only the wedding day but spending the rest of your life with someone you love. It is a good thing. Daniel and I are loving it!

Blessings!

4 Comments:

  • At 8/11/2005 01:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice info. The pictures look nice. Sounds like you are getting more organized. I love the silk bedspread. It IS "oh! beautiful!"

    Talked to Katie last evening and she sounded on the run. It was about 10, so I told her that we would send your diploma and shams by Lauren and Kris.

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you after your audition. "South Pacific" is such a fun musical to do. Since it is both poignant and funny, you will find it a nice mix. I had fun doing it in high school. Good luck and if you end up doing it, I think Lauren and Kris will be so lucky to see you in it!

    Hope you have a splendid visit with Katie (and I know you will), an d be sure to take her Kareokeing(?), or however you spell it.
    Love to you and your Dan'l. XXOO

     
  • At 8/11/2005 04:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The apartment pictures look great! I can't wait to see them in person in a few months! Good luck on getting the part in the play.

    Also, it might be last minute for folks, but I just came across a deal on airfare to Hawaii thru United. Unfortunately, you have to travel before Sept 9th. Here's the link:
    http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50113,00.html

     
  • At 8/13/2005 01:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love seeing the pictures of all your things in place. It looks so homey and cozy for you and Daniel. We are looking forward to our visit so much.

    I know you will get an important part in South Pacific. My sister was in that musical as "Bloody Mary" in high school. She loved it and was so good for that part. We are waiting to hear about your part and all the fun you have as you rehearse for this musical.
    God Bless

     
  • At 8/13/2005 04:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Picture are very nice.

    10 books?! Wow. I'd love to hear what you've been reading your thoughts on them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home