The Goods in Hawaii

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tech Week

Hello Family and Friends! I just got in from rehearsal and I wanted to write a quick post.

I heard from Daniel the other day as they were headed to 29 Palms. The second half of their training is taking place there. I haven't gotten a call from him to know if his cell works there yet. I am sure he has been kept very busy with the transitioning from one setting to another. Last time I chatted with him he had a head cold though. If you could be keeping him in your prayers that would be wonderful. I hope it has not developed into anything worse.

I am so excited about him coming home at the end of October.

In the meantime the show is chugging along. Tonight's rehearsal was strictly for props, scenery and timing. We just went straight through the scenes and taped the floor where the scenery goes( that was my job) and made sure everyone was assigned props to carry in and take off stage. It was tedious but I was glad we got it out of the way. It will make the next few rehearsals before the show run so much smoother.


Here we are sitting listening to instructions for the night. The cast looks really tired. It has been a long week of rehearsals. The man with his back to the camera in the black shirt and camouflage shorts is the director. His name is Ron Bright. He is a wonderful man, and he has such energy for the show. He got us up and moving and having fun in no time...

Starting Saturday I have to be doing something South Pacific related everyday until opening night on the 7th of October. Next week is going to be long. Sunday is a run-through of costumes and then we have rehearsal with the orchestra every night until Friday. Whew!

I am going to go to bed now. I stayed up until 3 am last night reading. I need to sleep some tonight.

I will leave you with a few pictures of petite chat/little cat. I am still thinking of a name. I am thinking something Hawaiian...

This is her stretching after we watched a movie together. She is such a cuddlebug. I am thankful she is so lovey. It is nice to have someone to love on when I come home.

Night!

2 Comments:

  • At 9/30/2005 12:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Daniel is in our prayers. I know that you are working hard on "South Pacific" and we are so anxious to see the video. Once things get underway, you will enjoy yourself as you always do,when you get lost in your performance. Wish I could see it live!

     
  • At 10/03/2005 07:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are praying for you to stay healthy & strong and your voice to just "Wow" the audience in your performance. You will do great; and I will give you the words I always emailed Ev & Dan at USNA, "Keep up the "GOOD" work!!"
    I wish we could see it live, too.
    I am glad that Daniel's cousin, Diane, will get to see your musical while they are in your area.

    We are glad you have a feline friend to love.

    We heard from Daniel today by email and he is missing much needed sleep with the drills going on. It seems to be that way as they prepare for battle just like in Fallujah. He did not mention if he still had a cold.

    Love & hugs,
    Mom G

     

Post a Comment

<< Home