The Goods in Hawaii

Monday, January 16, 2006

Parent's Visit and Mass House Cleaning

Let me just tell you, I am excited about tomorrow! I pick up my parents tomorrow at 3:33pm for a 9 day visit. It is going to be a good time. I am looking forward to showing them around the island that I love, and spending some quality family time.

I have neglected the blog for some time now. I have been busy with KVs, helping my friend move into her house, and church activities. I started knitting classes and I am knitting away on my practice patterns. I am trying to learn as many stitches with the teacher that way I can do more things alone. I haven't started a specifc project yet, but I guarantee when my Mom gets here she will help me pick one. She has started knitting like crazy too. Lauren's hobby has spread through all the ladies in the family now and we are all knitting in our free time. Sarah is on her 3rd scarf, I think...so funny. Here is the pattern that took me forever to figure out. It doesn't look like much, but there are several tricky parts, and this is only 20 rows.

I hit the beach yesterday after church and I got a little sun, well, I am red in the face. It was a perfect beach day. We haven't had a beach day for a couple weeks now. It has been overcast and when it is sunny it is really windy. Yesterday was a nice day to sit out and chat with Jo while I knitted.

Daniel called on Friday and he has been working long days. Despite the 16 hour day when he called me, his spirits were up and he was happy to be there. He has been working with contractors and non-military people. It seems like that would add a nice variety to his day...

I have not sent him anything yet, due to the 3 days without mail service here on base, but I am planning on sending out a package tomorrow. I will let you all know how quickly it works. I am not planning on him getting the package until February though.

I just put my dinner in the oven so it should alomost be done. Tonight was major cleaning night. It the process I found a 4 inch centipede in the corner of one of our closets. I do not know how that thing get in our house without me knowing it, but I screamed my head off. I sprayed it with Raid about 8 times and watched it wriggle and die as I held Meli and was so thankful she didn't find it and play with it. Goodness me, those things are wretched looking. My throat hurt after the initial scream in seeing it. I am still getting chills down my spine thinking about it. Everyone I have talked to on base seems to just accept them as a natural part of living here. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I can't stand them and I try to do everything in my power to stop them from coming in. Apparently, they find a way despite my efforts. Egh! I can't talk about it anymore.
I hope everyone had a nice three day weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 1/17/2006 05:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your knitting looks nice. I have not knitted, only crochet. It is neat that you,Lauren,Sarah and your Mom all are enjoying the same hobby. You will have great fun talking about your projects.

    I am with you on not liking centipedes, in fact floor bugs of any kind and spiders,too. Kill them all!!!!!!!!!!! At least you don't have snakes on your island.YEAH!! They can give you quit a scare. You will have to ask Daniel about the time a snake got in our house and he found it in the silverware drawer. :-(

    I am glad you had a good day at the beach and hope you and your folks will have some nice days to go. Tell them hello from us and give them our love. We will be thinking about you and your fun 9 days with them.
    Love & hugs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home