The Goods in Hawaii

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Meli, the real owner of the house.

Well, Daniel is at work this morning even though he is supposed to have today off. There is so much to do before they leave. He is making sure the transition to Afghanistan goes smoothly. It is a big job. Hopefully he will be able to have the afternoon off.

I have been baking this morning. The entire house smells like pumpkin bread. Mmmm. I have Puccini, not Puccelli, blaring in the kitchen. It makes for a nice morning.

Yesterday, I mowed the entire lawn. I am getting better at it and now I have a good eye for which mower to pick out at the self-help. I am thankful for the workers there. It is such a good service. The friendly men always help load and unload the mower in the car trunk so I don't have to lift it as much. It is helpful because Daniel always worries about me lifting it too. Mowing only takes me about an hour now with water breaks... :)

I came into the study planning on writing on the blog and I found this in the chair. Apparently she was planning on using the computer next. I moved her to the messy desktop and she seems quite content to roll around up there. It was surprising because she has become quite a window-seat dweller. She loves to jump up and look at the birds outside. She is not a very big cat and it looks like she is going to remain petite. She is only 6 months now. She still has to grow, but her paws and ears are still small and a lot of times a cat grows into those features.

I am so thankful to have her around as a cuddlebug.

That is all I have for now. I just wanted to write a little blog since my family was complaining about my blog writing frequency and its correlation to the entry length. There you have it, a short entry.

Love you all and Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

  • At 12/23/2005 02:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cutie! I am going to send this to Marie so she can see that Gus has a protege. What a hoot! She is a real sweetie and we are looking forward to meeting her.

    Will be talking to you both this weekend. We miss you both and hope thatyou have a special time together. XXOO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home