The Goods in Hawaii

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Mele Kalikimaka!

Merry Christmas from Hawaii!

We spent Christmas Eve morning at the beach. I was wanting to gather some more sea glass, but I forgot that it was high tide in the morning and the waves were huge. There was very little area to walk on, but we still enjoyed our walk on the sand.

Last night we went to Honolulu for dinner with three other couples and then went kareokeing at the Hale Koa, a hotel in Waikiki. All the couples are from the same unit as Daniel, so it was good getting to know the wives. I hope to stay active with them during the next few months. I took a quick picture in the restaurant before we left, but I unfortunately cut off Daniel's head. I was in the aisle and trying to hurry up. You all know how he looks. : )

We took the day easy today. We walked on the beach and then came back and watched It's a Wonderful Life. It has been years since I have seen this entire film and I didn't remember much of it. It was good watching it again. We don't have TV stations so we had to borrow the DVD from a friend. She was gracious enough to help in the reeducation process for Maryn. :)

We just got back from the Christmas Eve service at church. We invited some friends of ours to the service and were very happy when they actually showed up. The church was packed. They even had chairs lined up outside the main sanctuary. It was a blessing.

Here are a couple other pics from the beach this morning:



Well, I am going to go fix us some egg nog and cut Daniel a big slice of chocolate cake I made. I don't want many leftovers after he leaves.

Please keep him in your prayers. The winter is going to be very cold and it will make his job as a logistics guy even harder with all the snow. Pray for their safety in traveling over there as well as their safety in just being there. Keep his older brother in your prayers as well. He is in Iraq now. So both guys are off fighting for freedom, something to be so proud of! Thank you for all your support.

We Love You All! Merry Christmas!

3 Comments:

  • At 12/25/2005 02:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mel Kalimaka to you as well! We certainly missed you two yesterday! Looks like you had a good day together. I hope you enjoy your gifts. We found a couple of things that we forgot to send so we will bring them. Can't wait. I miss you, Lil' Meemer! XXOO

     
  • At 12/25/2005 07:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maryn, I met your parents today, they gave me your e-mail address and told me about your blog. Then I searched in the internet and found it!!! Its amazing!!!! I can see that you are very happy! And GOD is blessing you very much!!! Thanks God !!!!
    I miss you!!!

     
  • At 12/26/2005 12:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mele Kalikimaka from us as well. We ALL wish you both could be with us at Christmas. I love your sand Christmas message pix. I am glad you have a new camera to put pictures into your blog again. We had a great time sharing our Hawaii trip pictures with all the family over the weekend and telling them how God has His hand on you both. We are so happy Daniel has you, Maryn, as his help/mate.
    Hugs,
    Mom G.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home