The Goods in Hawaii

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Full Week

Hello Family and Friends. Another week has gone by and it means one week closer to my parents visit. I am so excited about their visit it is ridiculous! It is going to be so nice to have them here, besides I love house guests. Only 10 days left! :)

Daniel is doing well. Every once in a while he is able to give a quick call. Usually the call is a short one because the phone he uses cuts us off. Once the rest of his group gets there he will hopefully have a steadier means of contacting people. He is still waiting for his official address so I promise to get that to ya'll as soon as I hear from him.

All I know is that he is keeping busy. He is able to attend a service on Sunday mornings and he seems to be enjoying his work. He was moving into a more permanent place to sleep today and there is a chance he will be able to hook a computer up in the room. It may mean he has more access to the internet and more emails, but then again he may not get internet access. He is still waiting to find out about that. Right now the best address to contact him by is his yahoo account. If you do not know this please contact me for it. I am not going to post it here on the blog.

I have been staying busy with cleaning the house, reading good books, visiting with friends and going to the gym. It has been incredibly cool for Hawaii lately and my windows have been open since Tuesday. I love the breeze and Meli loves sitting in the windowsill to watch the birds. I have not gone to the beach this week at all because of the breeze and rain we have had this week. We needed the rain. Hopefully is gets a little warmer for my parents visit so we can have a little beach time.

Amaya got her wedding pictures in and I helped her organize them Thursday night. We were able to catch up some while I was able to see her lovely photos. Marc and Amaya were married on the beach on the western side on the island. They have some amazing sunset pictures that are just priceless.

Friday night we celebrated Jo's youngest son's birthday. We went to the Officer's Club for Mongolian grill. Basically it is every meat, topping, and sauce you can imagine to choose from and they cook it up for you. It is very, very yummy and never the same thing twice. They also have all-you-can-eat ice cream so Jo brought a cake and we celebrated at our table. Here is Jo and the birthday boy. He has got the cutest strawberry blond hair, although it looks really red in the picture. Hopefully he won't read this. He will be as embarassed as a 9 year old can be.

After we left the O Club, I called up another friend to come watch a movie. Reagan met me at the movie rental store and we rented The Brothers Grimm. It is the biggest waste of time. Do not rent it! It has a scattered and stupid plot, characters that are not developed well enough, and forced dialogue. It was funny just trying to figure out why good actors would choose to be in it. Reagan and I chatted after the terrible movie and resolved to spend more time together. Her husband left on the 26th as well. We are planning some potluck meals and occasional movie nights, with better movies.

Jo, Amaya and I hit the gym this morning and split ways. We were planning on going to the beach but the wind was really strong. No one wanted to go to the beach to have sand thrown on us.
I came home cleaned up, rearranged the kitchen cabinets some, and then went shopping. Body Shop was having super-duper clearances. My sister had gotten Daniel and I a home fragrance kit from there and we love it. We used all the oil by Christmas. I had to go restock on scents. I got this Lemon Fizzy flavor. It smells like lemonade. It is perfect for the kitchen after an especially garlicy meal. I stocked up on a couple other fragrances as well. It was a good shopping day. :)

As I was driving home Amaya called me and invited me over for dinner. The best part about dinners at Amaya's is she is okay about making dinner together. I went about an hour early and we made these amazing enchiladas. The recipe was phenomenal! I brought a yummy salad and we made a fresh pot of iced tea. You can't have a good meal without it! (She went and bought a tea maker after she had tried my tea. She got addicted.) We spent a good time catching up from the holiday break and planning for our future guests. She has two friends coming in Tuesday so she was sharing her plans for them. We are planning to do some things with my parents here and her guests. We are both excited hostesses!

I am going to go to bed early tonight. I have to lead Sunday School tomorrow. I am excited. I get to use a felt board for the lessons. The story is on Jesus calling his disciples. It should be a good morning.

Have a wonderful week!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home