The Goods in Hawaii

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Day

We had a blessed Christmas Day. I hope you all did as well.

We woke up and drove to the beach to watch the sunrise. We got some amazing pictures. We stayed for about an hour just watching the sky and playing a little in the water then came home for breakfast.

We opened gifts after breakfast. Thank you family for the wonderful things you sent. Here is Daniel with his latest edition to his Seinfeld collection:

Here I am sporting my snorkeling gear for the camera:

We took a quick picture in front of the tree for family. We didn't dress up or anything so it just our regular morning attire. :)


Daniel spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon packing up for deployment. It was a tough afternoon for me.

We ended the day with a great game of Monopoly, Marine edition, that I found at the Marine Exchange. I was pretty excited about playing. I hadn't played the game in a long time, and Daniel played it frequently when he was growing up. We loved the twist of the Marine edition. Instead of houses and hotels it was battalions and regiments. The entire board had Marine associated cards, property and even special game pieces. I won in the end because of my voracious buying of everything I landed on. Daniel was too kind of a player, except when he called me Potter, like the bad guy in It's a Wonderful Life.

Today was a difficult day. I took him to the departure point on base and I left. I couldn't stay around because I was too emotional. He has a long day of flying to make it there. They also had several layovers, so these hours are probably dragging by for him.

Please continue to pray for him.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with Jo, a fellow wife whose husband left today. We are meeting up for lunch then getting massages. Our friend, Amaya, scheduled and paid for massages for us as Christmas gifts because she knew it would be a good way to relax after our hubbies left. I am thankful for wonderful friends!

Love You All!

2 Comments:

  • At 12/27/2005 03:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maryn,
    The pictures of your Christmas morning are wonderful. How romantic to spend the morning watching the sun rise. I know your first Christmas as husband and wife was bittersweet. Please know that I am praying for Daniel (and for you). David was able to call on Christmas Day from Jalalabad. It would be SO GREAT if Daniel was actually able to hook up with David. Maybe God will provide that opportunity. David will be back in Germany around March 1. I am learning that life in the military is filled with uncertainty, so that March 1 date is not written in stone. I know you are looking forward to your mom and dad's visit in a few weeks. Enjoy your time together ... wish I was coming with them :)
    Marie

     
  • At 12/28/2005 02:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful Couple, even with snorkle masks on! Merry Christmas, My Little Bird! God speed Dan'l's safe return and success in his mission. XXOO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home