The Goods in Hawaii

Monday, February 20, 2006

Change is Good

Hey Ya'll. I was getting bored with the site and I wanted to change something . It still has all the same features, just in different places. I am hoping to attach a link where you can view all our photos . I still have time to get that in order.

I am planning on trying to fly to Maryland this next week. I am going to fly with military flights so I have to be flexible if at the last minute they can't take me. Now, is the perfect time for me to try out military flights without children, a job and even without Daniel since he won't have to worry about specific leave time. I have to be ready for pretty much anything on the flight over, but who can argue with a free flight? Not me!

Not much to report here, other than the usual. I have been keeping up with AWANA, MOPS, and Sunday school, and of course spending time with the ladies. I had the joy of filling in for a singer this last week for the praise band at our church. One of the singers couldn't make it so they asked me to sub for a week. I really enjoyed working with the band, meeting new people, but especially helping bring people to a state of worship. I have missed singing in that avenue and have felt convicted lately on not using my voice in that way. I have to see what God has in store for me in that department.
Daniel, has been very busy lately, but is continuing to learn the best ways to delegate responsibilities. He is reading several books right now that will help him when it comes time to be promoted and move ahead in the military. We still do not know what God has in store for us in that respect either. We are still figuring out the here and now. I think it is working well focusing on the now, but being aware of the future.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. We are both learning about the trials and joys of deployment. Of course there are more trials, but we find joy in each conversation.

I leave you all with the beautiful rose in our front yard. I am partial to purple...

Much Love!

1 Comments:

  • At 2/21/2006 02:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a lovely rose! Is that from the bush that we trimmed when I was there? With a return like that one, you'll be sure to keep the spent blooms cut.

    How is the flowers and shrubs that you bought while we were there, doing? What about the border?
    Maybe we will get to see them one more time before you leave Hawai'i.

    Thanks for the update on Dan'l. We love you both! XXOO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home