The Goods in Hawaii

Monday, May 01, 2006

It is MAY!!!!

Well, it is finally the month; so many exciting things in store for this month. The first major event is Daniel's homecoming, of course. I do not know the day or time yet due to constant changes in schedule and operation security measures, but it will be this month towards the latter half. I am so excited about his return! I will be sure to let you all know when he is safely back in the United States.

Another wonderful event this month is my little sister and my cousin's visit on the 9th. I am so excited about their visit. They are both really looking forward to the time on the island and I just love being a hostess. Sarah just finished classes and she is in the midst of her finals week so she is hankering for the time away from school. Zeb needs a break from work. He is one of the hardest working people I know. There will definitely be a post about their visit.

Meli has been missing on the blog so I have to post her picture to make sure you all know who the most important figure of our household is... :)
She is sleeping with me for most of the night, when she is not bouncing off the walls and chasing imaginary bugs and lights. Here she is as she is stretching taking up most of the bed. I do not know if she will be able to share the bed when Daniel returns. We will have to lay down the rules once he returns...She may not be so happy. She will adjust though, she is a USMC cat. It is all about being flexible, Meli.

Speaking of being flexible, our moving plans are going smoothly. I made several copies of our orders today and took them to everyone and their mother. Yes, one particular place needed 30 copies. Apparently hearing that we have orders is not enough for the moving truck guys and all their kids and pets... :)

I have a brief I have to go to tomorrow morning. I am hoping it won't be 4 hours long like the last brief I had to go to. They can be quite overwhelming in that amount of time. It makes you want to never ever move. I left that morning with a 100 page manual and several handouts on specific topics. Thankfully, I have got a timeline set up with the exact steps I need to take to get things organized and scheduled. Things are moving along with out many hitches and I am happy to be learning all this now. I know it would have been nice to have Daniel to help plan everything, but I am learning a lot. I like to think it will make me a better KV as well. This way I can answer any questions a wife has on shipment of pets, household goods and vehicles and many more things.

My days are filled with lots of planning; planning for the family visit, Daniel's return, the time in June and July before we leave the island, and our eventual move. We are taking a cruise of the islands in June to celebrate: our 1st anniversary/Daniel's return/we're-leaving-the-islands-better-do-it-now. We are both excited about seeing the volcanoes as well as the magnificent views on the other islands. We are going to have 2 days on the "big island", 2 days on Maui, and 1 day on Kauai. It will be the first cruise for both of us. It should be great! That was another thing I had to plan alone. Daniel was out in the field and away from communication with family for 3 weeks when I went to the travel agency to schedule it. I knew the general things we wanted, but made the rest of the decisions without him. Thankfully, he would have agreed with everything I picked. I guess that is why we are married... :)

This month for Project Spectrum is the delightful color of green. There is so much green on this beautiful island I don't even know where to start. Here are a couple of plush photos I took at my last visit to the botanical gardens. I will have to think of something green to make this month.

Well have a great first week of May!

4 Comments:

  • At 5/02/2006 06:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, an island cruise! What an excellent way to celebrate Daniel's return and say goodbye to Hawai'i.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 07:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like Meli has a good start at being flexible. Can she walk upside down like that now? Maybe we could put her in the circus. What do ya think? We'll have to find her a little hat and collar we can strap to her head.

    Love,
    Daniel

     
  • At 5/03/2006 03:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can imagine Meli with a little collar and hat. I'm sure she would like that! Of course, it would be a good idea if she thought of it and picked the hat and collar. That's a funny image. So glad to know that Daniel is in a safer place.

    You will have such a good time on your cruise. We'll have to see yur pictures on your blog upon your return, if you have the time.

    Mary Lynn says Zeb is very excited about the trip. I know Sarah is. They will be there in less than a week.

    I Love You, Min!

     
  • At 5/03/2006 04:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was so excited to see that you had a new entry on your blog. It is always fun to see what you are up to and see pictures of Hawaii ... the one place I want to visit more than any other. How terrific it is to hear that Daniel will be home before your 1st anniversary -- does it seem like it has been an entire year since your wedding?? You will have so much fun on your cruise. I'm jealous!

    David is taking the first week of June to travel through Italy before he heads back to the States. He should be here by June 8 and will be at home until he has to leave for the South. Yeah!

    Love,
    Marie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home